BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS TRAINING PROGRAM
We’ve created a thorough and unique program that meets the requirements of 29CFR1910.1030 in a manner that will be understood and appreciated by professional piercers of all skill levels. The collective experience of it’s designers brings insight that makes it the best option for required industry specific training.
The Association of Professional Piercers offers a clear advantage over other training providers:
Click here for our online training program.
- Our program was created for piercers by piercers currently working in the industry. Every member of the Bloodborne Pathogen training staff is currently employed as a piercer in a modern studio environment.
- Our program is industry specific. Most training programs for body art focus mostly on tattooing and offer very little to body piercers. The body piercing industry is dynamic with new products and technologies being introduced regularly.
- The APP leads the industry and is more than qualified to provide piercers with the training they need to work safely for the benefit of both the public and themselves.
- Chapter by chapter our presentation is derived from the actual Bloodborne Pathogen standard itself. Other similar training programs for the body art industry don’t stay on topic and often don’t even reference the standard at all. Within the body piercing industry there is a lot of confusion about the roles of OSHA and the Health Department. Once a piercer has completed this course, their vocabulary will be greatly expanded and the purpose of OSHA and the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard will be made clear.
- A piercer with a Bloodborne Pathogen Standard certificate from the Association of Professional Piercers will be able to recognize workplace hazards, apply the guidelines of the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard, and develop routines and protocol to eliminate or minimize risks in the piercing environment.
- Our program complies with section 1910.1030(g)(2)(vii) which requires an explanation of the epidemiology and symptoms of bloodborne disease and explanation of the modes of transmission of bloodborne pathogens.
- Students using our online version will have access to one of our trainers who can answer questions as required by 1910.1030(g)(2)(vii)(N).
- The standard has been divided into sections with quizzes and reviews to test the students retention and comprehension of the information. There are minimum scores required for a certificate to be rewarded.
We hope you’ll find our Bloodborne Pathogen training program for body piercers to be suitable for your needs. Our staff of experts has developed a program unlike any other and we’re confident its the best training of its type.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us at 785-841-6060. Message JohnJ@SafePiercing.org with any questions.